Tuesday, August 30, 2011
Monday, August 29, 2011
- Classic British Rose - Lily Cole is a british model and actress, born and raised in Torquay, the south of England.
- A chance encounter with actor and model Benjamin Hart, launched Lily Cole's successful modelling career at the age of 14.
- She was memorable for her flame red hair and what some have called her 'porcelain' beauty - undoubtedly an asset in her rise to fame.
- Originally she rejected the idea of modelling, believing it wouldn't come to much. She later changed her mind and signed with Storm Models.
- In 2003 she was thrown into the spotlight after photographer Stephen Meissel noticed her. In 2004 she was named the 'Model of the Year' at the BFA's.
- She has come under attack for various nude photoshoots over the years. Cole stands by her standards saying: '' Nudity has always existed in art ... it doesn't necessarily 'debase' anymore than it celebrates ... the human body''
- She has been the face of many fashion campaigns - Chanel, Accessorize, Topshop, Moschino and Christian Lacroix.
- She has appeared in many films and TV series as well as having an international modelling career - St Trinians, The Imagainariam of Doctor Parnassus, and Dr. Who.
- In June 2011 Lily Cole was awarded a Double First Degree from Cambridge University in History of Art